Jun 11 2009

Interesting Ways to use Voicethread, Wordle and the Nintendo DS

Published by under INSET,Uncategorized and tagged: , ,

It has been great to see the range of classroom ideas in the “Interesting Ways” series really expand and develop over time. It is always great to connect with a fellow educator and invite them to edit the various presentations.

The most recent presentations have included Voicethread and Wordle which are really great little tools and their flexibility is reflected in the wide range of ideas that people have offered.

We are about to kick off a Nintendo DS project at school, which you will hear more about here soon, and so I have been thrilled to see a bunch of ideas outlined by people with direct classroom experience of using the consoles. It will prove a useful set of current thinking for our teachers and I hope we’ll be able to contribute too.

I hope that you are finding the presentations useful. As always if you have an idea that you would like to contribute then just get in touch. Thanks for all of the support and contributions so far. (By the way the very first presentation on the IWB has just hit 40 different ideas!)

6 responses so far

6 Responses to “Interesting Ways to use Voicethread, Wordle and the Nintendo DS”

1.   Kim Wrenon 11 Jun 2009 at 10:02 pm

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! So gonna use this to convince a few teachers to jump on the boat with me!! :)

2.   Mike Ballon 07 Jul 2009 at 3:17 pm

We’re not allowed to use Voicethread here in Norfolk.
    It’s a social networking/collaborative tool and therefore it’s off limits.
    How many of you are able to use it? Why is there this difference between counties?

3.   Rhonddaon 09 Jul 2009 at 7:31 am

Thanks for alerting me to these slide presentations. They are great. I love especially Wordle and am always interested to see how others have used it.

4.   David Muiron 22 Sep 2009 at 7:23 pm

Hello Tom

Is there a definitive list of your “Interesting Ways…” series somewhere?

5.   Anne Bubnicon 08 Oct 2009 at 7:20 pm

Hi Tom — I have the same request as David Muir. You always put out such interesting lists. It would be great to find them all in the same location!!!

6.   generic viagraon 02 Dec 2009 at 4:52 pm

I need one of those nintendo ds