This Blog is Moving!

I am excited to let you all know that I have decided to move my blog to a self hosted WordPress platform. With the amazing help from Doug Belshaw and his constant nudging, I have made the switch, which was effortless really, to give me more flexibility for my work and ideas.

The new blog is called edte.ch

edte.ch

To James, Sue and everyone at Edublogs – I just want to extend my warmest thanks and appreciation for looking after me and my blog for the best part of 3 years. Your help and dedication in supporting teachers and students in blogging is amazing and I owe a great deal to the platform you helped create.

To you the reader, I would be most grateful if you would help get the message to people in any way you can (cross post this message on your blog or Twitter) about changing their subscription details to the new blog. I will post in both places for a short while to give time for people to change but hope to switch completely soon.

This blog will remain but it won’t be updated – it has had nearly 100,000 visits in the last 3 years or so which is amazing and I appreciate that many people have linked to posts here. It won’t suddenly disappear.

This is an exciting time for me and it has been fun to shape my new space, I hope you like it, however I am a little anxious about the move as you can imagine. Please help and encourage other readers along to the new blog. If you pay a visit please let me know what you think.

9 thoughts on “This Blog is Moving!

1. Some may call it ‘constant pestering’… 😉

I’m glad this will be here as an archive, Tom – and I look forward to what you do with your new space!

2. Hi Tom, Thanks so much for letting us know about the move to your new space. I have already added the new site to my Google Reader. And thanks for letting us know we will still have access to your “classic” blog. You really have shared so very much with all of us there–no doubt I’d suffer from withdrawal if I couldn’t find it. I am always in awe of the great work you do and look forward to following right on along in your new space. Congratulations on the move! BJ

3. Hi,
    I have found your work really interesting and it is a thought provoking post. Thanks for such a timely post

4. It would be really exciting to see your new blog as i am a regular reader of your articles. Best of Luck Tom

5. It would be really exciting to read more articles on your new blog. I am really eager to see your new blog. I really loved to read your articles. I have bookmarked your new site edte.ch, best of your luck to your new blog